Sunday, February 24, 2008
Free Topic
The semester is starting to get busier than ever and I feel like I have so much stuff to do. My presentation is scheduled for tomorrow and my interview will be on Friday. I am not very shy about speaking in front of a group of people so I'm not too worried about the presentation. I also feel like I don't have to worry as much about the presentation because I am doing it on local waterfalls. I love to be outside and go hiking and camping and when a waterfall is involved the trip is so much better. There is just something about how the land forms like it does out of nowhere that is amazing to me. Waterfalls are found in the most unsuspecting places as well. Being able to go hiking on a warm day is always worth it but when you know there is a 50 foot waterfall at the end of your trek with a pool you can often swim in at the bottom the trip gets a little better and I seem to walk a little faster. My favorite waterfall that I have ever been to is probably Thompson Falls (Big Falls) in North Carolina. The hike was a long one that included literally sliding down the side of a very steep hill holding on to trees and whatever else I could grab to keep myself from sliding too fast then walking over huge boulders. Once the hike was over out of nowhere is this beautiful waterfall with a rock to slide on into the water at the bottom and a rock face on the side with enough room to jump off the into the pool of water at the bottom. My other favorite waterfall has to be Pulhapanzak in Honduras. Ive been able to walk underneath the sheets of water falling off this 140 foot waterfall on slippery rocks praying that the guides and other people with me would keep me from slipping and falling possibly to my death but all of this was such an adrenaline rush. After walking halfway under the falls we managed to go into a cave with a tiny opening but big enough for a about 10 people to fit into.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You did an awesome job in your interview!
Post a Comment